Volunteering, or serving, in the church of God is one of the best ways to grow in your faith and become a fully engaged member of the church family. Serving gives you the opportunity to use your God-given talents, skills, and spiritual gifts for God’s glory. Chapel of Resurrection has many areas in the church in which you can serve. Check out the links to the left for more details on various ministries, or departments, in the church where your service would be welcome.
The choir at Chapel of Resurrection seeks to worship God through songs and leads the congregation in Praise & Worship. We are honored to be able to lift our voices and instruments in praise of God every Sunday during the worship service. We work diligently to present excellent music in worship so that listeners will experience the power and beauty of God through music. Although we focus on what it means to lead the congregation into worship, we also strive to build a community within the choir and encourage one another in the Lord. The choir is always looking for new members.
The choir meets for rehearsal every Saturday night at 6 pm at Cornerstone Worship Center, 316 Upham Street, Melrose MA.
Join us anytime. For more information send us a Message.
The Media department at Chapel of Resurrection is dedicated to augmenting the hearing of the Gospel through work behind the scenes or in front of a camera, for people sitting in the pews or at their computers in other countries using a variety of media tools. This department is in charge of providing the church with a newsletter, church magazine and Sunday bulletins. They are responsible for video and audio projection system of the church along with other important tasks.
- Audio/Visual – Ensures that the audio/visual needs of the church are met at all times. Responsible for the production, duplication, storage and sale of the sermons preached in the church.
- Publications – Focuses on using printable media types and internet technology to reach our members and the global audience with information about local church events and inspirational information that promotes physical and spiritual well-being.
- Website – Responsible for Website development, management and update.
If you have any questions regarding this department do not hesitate to send us a message by clicking here.
If you have a heart for prayer and the spiritual gifts of intercession, encouragement or mercy, this department could be what you are looking for.
Pray without ceasing.1 Thessalonians 5:17
You can aid in the development, enhancement and promotion of corporate prayer among the members as well as emphasizing its critical importance for Chapel of Resurrection to fulfill its mission statement. This is the group that supports the church and individuals in intercessory prayers. Everyone is encouraged to send his or her prayer request to this group for a joint agreement in prayer of faith.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to GodPhilippians 4:6
Thursday Prayer Line: (617) 906-8288
Every Thursday 9:00 p.m – 10:00 p.m
The COR Drama Team aims to illustrate various scenarios that we face in our Christian walk and teach Biblical lessons through acting and dancing. Our aspiration is to engage, awaken, and challenge the church to a higher calling in God. This Group is in charge of scripting, producing and narrating short scripts that provides positive impact to the church. More information can be obtained if required by sending us a Message.
The Ushers help provide a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for all members and guests at COR during worship service and other special programs. The ushers welcome all those who attend church services and programs and help find appropriate seating efficiently. They help maintain orderliness by ensuring minimal distractions during the services and officiate the collection of tithes & offerings. If you are interested in this department let us know here.
Our Welcome Team is responsible for ensuring a welcoming and loving first visit for all of our first time guests. During the church service they greet visitors, and spend time with them after the service to see how the church can best meet their needs. Members also meet and follow up with visitors and new members to the church.
We are excited you are considering a visit to Chapel of Resurrection! We strive to be a place where everyone is, and feels, welcomed, but we know coming to a new church for the first time can be a little nerve-racking. To put your mind at ease, here’s what you can expect when you come visit us for the first time:
- While we encourage people to dress modestly, you free to dress comfortably
- whether that means jeans, ties, or native clothes.
How We Worship:
- Sunday mornings starts at 10:00 a.m with Sunday School
- Worship Service at 10:30 a.m The Worship Service lasts for about 2 hours
- The Worship Service starts with 30 minutes of Praise & Worship
- After Praise & Worship, a member of our pastoral or ministerial team leads us in a few minutes of prayer.
- Message. A speaker shares Biblical-based practical insights on how we can apply the Word of God to our daily lives and grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The rest of the time is spent collecting tithes and offerings (in which you are not required to participate)
- Announcements about upcoming programs and activities, and welcoming first time visitors, like you!
For Your Kids:
- We are excited to serve your kids! We have designed special programs and services just for them that happen concurrently with the adult 10:30am service. Kids are also welcome in the main services. Visit our Children’s Church page to learn more.
We are easily accessible by car and public transportation. Directions and parking information are available here.
If you still have questions about visiting us, please feel free to call (508) 649-1932 or visit our Contact Page. We’d be happy to help you out. See you soon!